Job summary & purpose
IT Fleet Automotive are responsible for transporting between 3000 and 3500 vehicles around the UK every week. This is achieved by utilising both trade plate drivers and a fleet of transporters. To do this we need a capable, forward thinking person to manage our road operatives, efficiently and effectively.
IT Fleet Automotive are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic transport team as a Transport Allocator to manage their own team of up to 35 Trade Plate Drivers. Previous experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given. We are looking for someone who is confident, organised, and a good communicator. UK geographical knowledge is advantageous.
The key responsibility of a transport allocator includes:
- Managing your own team of 30-35 Trade Plate/Transporter Drivers, ensuring an optimum number of vehicle movements are planned and allocated each day.
- Routing drivers to each vehicle collection/delivery, assisting with travel between each movement, to ensure that customer expectations and service levels are maintained.
- Ensure that all information required for the achievement of vehicle collections/deliveries is accurately communicated clearly to your drivers.
- Liaise with the Customer Service and Refurbishment departments to ensure that information is updated accordingly.
- Provide all encompassing telephone support to your team of drivers, responding to concerns and issues in a manner that ensures resolution is achieved.
- Work as part of the Transport team to manage the challenges presented by volume peaks and troughs and direct the appropriate transport resources accordingly.
- Escalate any major issues and concerns to the Assistant/Transport Manager.
- Record drivers’ holidays and any unplanned absences.
Interested in this vacancy?
To apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com making sure you attach your CV to the email.