Job summary & purpose
We are looking for a Class 1 - 3 Car Transporter Driver. The role holder is responsible for the appraising/inspecting, loading, driving and delivery of customer owned motor vehicles to dealer outlets, auctions, refurbishment centres and other commercial locations in a safe, compliant and timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Transport Allocator, plan the delivery of the load in the most efficient manner, maximising delivery opportunities
- Undertake an effective appraisal and inspection of every vehicle and upload to the Fleet Plus system
- Report all vehicle damage accurately and immediately to the Transport Manager
- Load each motor vehicle in accordance with procedures, ensuing they are secured safely
- Avoid damage to vehicles, car transporter, customer and public property
- Undertake a full vehicle daily defect check of the transporter before every movement and record accordingly. Raise any vehicle defects immediately to the Transport Manager.
- Abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and Working Time Regulations
- Driver safely and professionally with due care and attention to other road users, abiding by the Highway Code/Road Traffic Act.
- Keep all documentation legible, paying attention to detail
- Display a positive attitude towards your work, behave professionally and maintain a clean and tidy image.
You will need a valid CPC and Digi Taco Card
Please call the recruitment office for more information and application form Tel: Tel: 01473 313859
Interested in this vacancy?
To apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com making sure you attach your CV to the email.