Job summary & purpose
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 plus Bonus
The role holder is responsible for the appraising/inspecting, loading, driving and delivery of customer owned motor vehicles to dealer outlets, auctions, refurbishment centres and other commercial locations in a safe, compliant and timely manner. You will be based from our Yard in Farnborough so it would beneficial living within travelling distance.
You will be fully trained on a week's Training at either Head Office at Raydon (near Ipswich) or our Longbridge Hub (near Birmingham)
- In conjunction with the Transport Allocator, plan the delivery of the load in the most efficient manner, maximising delivery opportunities
- Undertake an effective appraisal and inspection of every vehicle and upload to the Fleet Plus system
- Report all vehicle damage accurately and immediately to the Transport Manager
- Load each motor vehicle in accordance with procedures, ensuing they are secured safely
- Avoid damage to vehicles, car transporter, customer and public property
- Undertake a full vehicle daily defect check of the transporter before every movement and record accordingly. Raise any vehicle defects immediately to the Transport Manager.
- Abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and Working Time Regulations
- Driver safely and professionally with due care and attention to other road users, abiding by the Highway Code/Road Traffic Act.
- Keep all documentation legible, paying attention to detail
- Display a positive attitude towards your work, behave professionally and maintain a clean and tidy image.
Please call the IT Fleet Recruitment Team on 01473 313859
Interested in this vacancy?
To apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com making sure you attach your CV to the email.