Job summary & purpose
IT Fleet Automotive are responsible for transporting between 3000 and 3500 vehicles around the UK every week. This is achieved by utilising both trade plate drivers and a fleet of transporters. To do this we need capable, forward thinking people to manage our road operatives, efficiently and effectively.
Therefore, ITFleet Automotive are offering the opportunity for a young and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic transport team. No previous experience will be necessary as full training will be given, with the eventual aim of moulding you in to a fully-fledged transport allocator. We are looking for someone who is confident, organised, and a good communicator. UK geographical knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
The key responsibility of a transport allocator includes:
- Managing your own team of Trade Plate/Transporter Drivers, ensuring an optimum number of vehicle movements are planned and allocated each day. As an apprentice, you will be allocating 10-15 drivers. Building up to 30-35 over the course of your development (usually a 2-year period).
- Routing drivers to each vehicle collection/delivery, assisting with travel between each movement, to ensure that customer expectations and service levels are maintained.
- Ensure that all information required for the achievement of vehicle collections/deliveries is accurately communicated clearly to your drivers.
- Liaise with the Customer Service and Refurbishment departments to ensure that information is updated accordingly.
- Provide all encompassing telephone support to your team of drivers, responding to concerns and issues in a manner that ensures resolution is achieved.
- Work as part of the Transport team to manage the challenges presented by volume peaks and troughs and direct the appropriate transport resources accordingly.
- Escalate any major issues and concerns to the Assistant/Transport Manager.
- Record drivers’ holidays and any unplanned absences.
This role also comes with the opportunity to gain an NVQ level 2 qualification in either business administration or customer administration.
Please call Recruitment on 01473 898729
Interested in this vacancy?
To apply for this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org making sure you attach your CV to the email.