Job summary & purpose
We have an exciting opportunity for Two 12 Car Transporter Drivers based out of our new Rockingham Refurbishment site near Corby. The role holder is responsible for the appraising/inspecting, loading, driving and delivery of customer owned motor vehicles to dealer outlets, auctions, refurbishment centres and other commercial locations in a safe, compliant and timely manner. You will be based from the Rockingham site so it would beneficial living within travelling distance.
This role will be predominantly Monday to Friday, but will include nights out and some weekends
Although we are looking for experienced 11 / 12 Car Transporter Drivers you will benefit from any relevant Inspection/Tablet and Fleet Plus training.
· In conjunction with the Transport Allocator, plan the delivery of the load in the most efficient manner, maximising delivery opportunities
· Undertake an effective appraisal and inspection of every vehicle and upload to the Fleet Plus system
· Report all vehicle damage accurately and immediately to the Transport Manager
· Load each motor vehicle in accordance with procedures, ensuing they are secured safely
· Avoid damage to vehicles, car transporter, customer and public property
· Undertake a full vehicle daily defect check of the transporter before every movement and record accordingly. Raise any vehicle defects immediately to the Transport Manager.
· Abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and Working Time Regulations
· Driver safely and professionally with due care and attention to other road users, abiding by the Highway Code/Road Traffic Act.
· Keep all documentation legible, paying attention to detail
· Display a positive attitude towards your work, behave professionally and maintain a clean and tidy image.
Please call the Recruitment Office on 01473 313859
Interested in this vacancy?
To apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com making sure you attach your CV to the email.